Gluten-Free Lentil Pasta With Shrimp and Spinach Pesto Sauce
1 250-300g box of organic red lentil pasta
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of diced garlic
2 stems of diced green onion
8-10 frozen uncooked jumbo black tigershrimps
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
2 cups of fresh spinach
3/4 of a cup of low sodium vegetable broth
3 tbsps of pesto sauce
Dash of salt and pepper
1/3 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1. Thaw frozen shrimps and peel.
2. In a saucepan add oil, garlic, onion, shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp turns pink (about 5 mins).
3. Add spinach, tomato paste, pesto and veg broth. Cook on very low heat for 5-10 mins.
4. In a separate pot boil lentil pasta. Drain and serve with shrimp sauce.
5. Top with fresh goat cheese:)
Serves 2 large plates or 4 smaller plates.