Quinoa Pasta With Fresh Artichoke Tomato Sauce
4 whole artichokes
1 can of plum tomatoes
1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 pieces of fresh basil
300 ml of strained purreed tomatoes
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1 pk of 250-300g of quinoa pasta
1. Wash artichokes under cold water.
2. Clean stems of artichokes ensuring all tough pieces are removed. Cut about 1 inch of the tips and the back stem off each artichoke.
3. In a blender combine, tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil.
4. Add mixture of tomatoes to a large pot. Add cleaned artichokes to fresh sauce. Stirring occasionally.
4. Bring to a boil then simmer on low heat with the lid partially on for 30-40mins.
5. In a seperate pot, boil pasta according to package instructions.
6. Drain pasta and add sauce and artichokes to pasta plate.