Meat Lovers Stuffed Tomatoes
4 large tomatoes
2 tbsp of exta virgin olive oil
150g of extra lean ground beef
150g of ground veal
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 chopped green onions
2 fresh chopped basil leaves
1/4 cup of chopped leek
1 stem of fresh rosemary
1/2 cup of frozen green peas
1/2 cup of strained tomatoes in a jar
1/2 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
Dash of salt and pepper
1 large egg
1. Using a knife, cut tops of tomatoes and clean insides out with a spoon and place in a round corningwear dish.
2. In a large wok, add olive oil, onions, basil, rosemary, garlic and ground meats. Mix and add strained tomatoes and frozen peas, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 mins.
3. Using a spoon, stuff each tomato with meat mixture (Remove rosemary stem).
4. Crack egg and beat with a fork. Drizzle over each tomato.
5. Place in oven covered at 400 degrees for 25-30 mins.
6. Add shredded mozarella cheese on top of tomatoes, 5 mins before end time and place back into oven uncovered for the remaining 5 mins.