Carb-Free Sausage and Radicchio Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
2 jumbo or 4 regular sized portobello mushrooms
4 Italian garlic or fennel sausages
3 stems of diced green onions
1/2 cup of shredded radicchio
1/3 of a cup of fresh parsley
2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
dash of salt and pepper
1 large egg
1. Clean mushrooms and pat dry. Clean inside of mushrooms with a large spoon and place aside.
2. Dice scooped portobello insides into pieces and add to a wok. Add diced green onion and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Chop sausage into bite sized pieces and place into wok. Cook for 10 mins.
4. Add chopped radicchio and cook for an additional 5 mins. Place aside.
5. Using a large spoon, stuff each mushroom with sausage and radicchio mixture. Crack and beat egg and add it into a small bowl. Using a fork, drizzle each mushroom with egg and a dash of olive oil.
6. Place each stuffed mushroom onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in oven for 25-30 mins at 400 degrees.
7. Remove mushrooms from oven and top with fresh parsley.