Panko Breaded Shrimps & Teriyaki Grated Veggies
If you are looking for a fast shrimp recipe that will be healthy and tasty then you have landed on the perfect recipe!
This recipe uses minimal ingredients and only takes 30 mins. It really is the perfect balanced meal that the entire family will enjoy trust me on that one! Its tasty, impressive and most importantly, nutritious!
I chose to lightly bread the shrimps but you could easily go without breading them to keep the carb count even lower. Instead, i substituted veggies for rice which makes this meal much lighter and
much more nutritious. I used the store bought rice veggie mix to save time, but if you have the time to grate your own veggies, then that would work as well! There is nothing wrong with fresh pre-packaged veggies if you need to save time. These veggies are colourful and i love the way they present themselves! Just wash your veggies always first!
I also skipped flouring my shrimps before i breaded them. Again, by eliminating this step, it also saves you on time and on any unnecessary carbs. The breadcrumbs will still stick well because the shrimps will be coated in egg.
For this recipe you will need:
1 medium bag of veggie rice (combination of cauliflower, carrots and onions)
Cauliflower rice will work just as well:)
10-15 frozen tiger black shrimps (thawed)
3 tbsp of low sodium teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup of flavoured bread crumbs
1 lemon sliced
2 eggs beaten
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp of corn oil
1/2 a cup of fresh parsley
1. Place panko and flavoured breadcrumbs and eggs into two seperate bowls.
2. Add thawed uncooked shrimps into egg mix and then into breadcrumbs. Place aside.
3. In a wok, add riced veggie mix and 1 tbsp of oil and teriyaki sauce. Fry for 10 mins and place aside.
4. In a seperate pan add corn oil and lightly fry breaded shrimps 2-3 mins on each side.
5. Add shrimps to veggie rice.
6. Top with fresh chopped parsley and fresh sliced lemons.