Gluten-free Pasta and Cheesy Rapini Bake
Making a pasta casserole bake can be simple and hassle free if you have the right ingredients. This easy bake pasta only uses simple ingredients and it truly is amazing. I used fresh rapini, 3 cheeses and gluten-free penne to make this healthy, filling and creamy dish that everyone will enjoy.
My family loves to eat pasta but sometimes, i enjoy experimenting so no one gets bored with pasta night! I love to make cassarole dishes because there are always leftovers which we love! I especially love cooking with rapini and this recipe is great for the rapini lover like myself! As well, I never boil my veggies but rather blanch them or lightly fry them for a few minutes before i use them in my casserole dishes. Boiling will just take out all the goodness from the vegetables. As well, investing in excellent corningwear casserole dishes really can make a huge difference in the way your pasta turns out.
For this recipe you will need:
1 fresh bunch of cleaned and chopped rapini
3 cloves of chopped garlic
3 tbsp of pesto
1 340g pack of gluten-free or reg penne pasta
1 500g container of ricotta cheese (you can use low fat ricotta if you wish)
1 cup of parmegiano regiano grated cheese
4 slices of swiss or provalone cheese (you can use low fat cheese or lactose free if you wish)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1 tsp of fresh hot chilli flakes
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1. Using a large pot, boil pasta,drain and set aside. Add olive oil and mix.
2. Add rapini, garlic and 1 tbsp of olive to a large wok and cook for 5-7 mins.
3. Add pasta, salt, pepper, ricotta, pesto and 1/2 a cup of parmegiano cheese to wok and mix with a large spoon. Place mixture in a large corningwear or baking dish. Add 1 more tbsp of olive oil and mix.
4. Crack egg and beat with a fork. Drizzle egg over pasta casserole. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of parmegiano cheese and top with sliced swiss cheese. Add fresh chilli flakes on top
if you prefer a bit of spice.
5. Bake in oven covered at 425F for 15-20 mins. Broil uncovered for an additional 5 mins or until top layer turns golden.