“Waist Friendly” Gluten-free French Onion Soup
If you love french onion soup but hate the fact that it’s not too friendly on the waistline, then look no further! My waist “friendly” french toast will make you love eating french onion soup again any day.
2 medium-large sweet onions
1 tsp of coconut palm sugar ( brown sugar is fine)
1 900g cartoon of low sodium veg broth
Dash of salt and pepper
1 tbsp of salted butter
8 slices of low-fat swiss cheese
2 stems of chopped green onion
1 stem of fresh thyme
4 slices of gluten-free toast or brown toast of your choice
1. Slice onions and add them to a pan with butter, salt, pepper and sugar.
2. Cook onions on low heat fir 35-40 mins so onions caramalize.
2. In a seperate pot, empty veg broth, add thyme and onions and cook on low for 10 mins.
3. Using small corningwear or french onion soup bowls, fill each bowl 3/4 full with soup and add slices of bread cut into quarters. Top with 1-2 slices of cheese. (2 slices will make it cheesier)
4. Place bowls on a baking tray and into the oven for 15
mins at 425F