Quinoa Pesto & Cabbage Stuffed Mushrooms
6 large stuffer mushrooms cleaned
2 cups of coloured coleslaw cabbage salad
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tbsp of pesto
1 tbsp of whishashire sauce
2 cloves of shredded garlic
1/3 of a cup of shredded green onion
Dash of salt and pepper
1/3 of a cup of fresh chopped parsley
1 cup of dry quinoa boiled and drained
2 slices of havarti cheese cut into squares
1. Boil quinoa and place aside. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Wash mushrooms and with a large spoon, scoop inside of each mushroom creating a large hole in each to add stuffing.
3. In a wok, combine, oil, cabbage, pesto, tomato paste, parsley, garlic, onion, whishashire and spices. Mix and cook for about 10 mins. Add quinoa, stir and cook for an additional 5 mins.
4. Using a large spoon, stuff each mushroom with quinoa and cabbage mix.
5. Crack and beat egg. Using a fork, drizzle each mushroom with egg. Drizzle oil on each.
6. Add square cheese on top of each.
7. Cook in oven for 20-25 mins.
Makes 6 mushrooms