Homestyle Hearty Turkey & Yam Soup
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of peeled diced garlic
1/2 a peeled spanish onion (do not chop up)
1/2 a peeled yam
1 large tomato cut in half
3 large turkey drumbsticks
4 cups of water
1 veg bullion cube (optional for added flavour and colour)
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp of sage
2 stems of green onion chopped
1 cup of boiled wholegrain rice
1. Heat oil and add garlic until it is lightly browned.
2. Add water, bullion, turkey, yam, onion halve, tomato, salt, sage and pepper.
3. Boil on low heat with the cover partially on for 2-3 hrs.
4. Boil rice in a pot according to package and drain.
4. Remove all veggies and drumbsticks and place aside. Cut yam and turkey into small bite size pieces and then add them back into the broth. ( If you like, you can add the tomato back into the soup but i only use it for flavour and colour).
5. Add rice to soup and mix.
6. Garnish with fresh chopped green onion.