Bacon and Quinoa Cheesy Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
4 large cleaned Portobello mushrooms
2 celery stems cleaned and chopped
2 cups of fresh cleaned spinach
1/2 pack of bacon chopped into pieces
2 cups of dry quinoa
1/2 cup of sharp white cheddar cheese
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 a cup of chopped shallots
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 tbsp of warchester sauce
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1. Clean and remove inside of each mushroom with a spoon and place aside.
2. In a wok combine 1 tbsp of oil, garlic, onions, bacon, salt, pepper and warchester sauce. Cook for 5 mins. Add celery and spinach and cook for 3 mins. Then place aside.
3. In a seperate pot, boil quinoa for 10 mins. Drain and add to wok mixture. On low heat, mix all ingredients together for 2 mins. Add cheddar cheese chunks. Remove from the heat as the cheese will melt in the oven.
3. Preheat oven at 375 C degrees.
4. Using a large spoon, fill each mushroom with mixture. Place mushrooms in a 2 inch corningware. 5. Drizzle each mushroom with remaining olive oil.
6. Bake in oven covered for 20 mins and then remove the lid for the remaining 5 mins.