Easy Bake Low-Fat Eggplant Parmegiana
1 large purple eggplant
1 500g can of Italian crushed plum tomatoes
1 tsp of garlic jar puree
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Non stick cooking spray
1 cup of grated parmegiano cheese
1 small handful of fresh basil chopped into pieces
1 tsp of sea salt and pepper
1. Clean and slice eggplants into 1/4 inch round slices.
2. Add salt and pepper and place aside for 20 mins.
3. In a bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, garlic and oil. Mix and place aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Spray non stick spray to the inside surface of a flat large pan. Using medium heat, lightly grill eggplants for 2 mins on each side (Non stick spray will need to be repeated for every 4-5 eggplants). 6. Once all eggplants are grilled, layer them in a deep corning ware dish. Add about 3 tbsps of sauce, 3 tbsps of parmegiano cheese and a few pieces of fresh chopped basil in between each layer.
7. Place in the oven covered for 30-35 mins.