Garlic & Parmesan Stuffed Artichokes
4 large artichokes
1/2 cup of of chopped fresh parsley
3-4 chopped garlic cloves
2 stems of chopped green onion
1/4 cup of bread crumbs (optional)
50g of chopped aged parmegiano cheese
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp of seasalt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1. Chop ends and tops of each artickoke. Remove outter layer of each.
2. Open each artichoke by hand by slowly loosening the stems.
3. Fill a shallow pot with water 1/4 full and bring to a boil.
4. Stuff the inside layers of each artichoke with garlic, parsley and cheese pieces.
5. Drizzle with oil ( breadcrumbs if you desire) and add salt & pepper.
6. When water comes to a boil, add artichokes facing up ensuring they are sitting tightly against one another. Cook on low heat with the lid 3/4 on for 1 hour.