4 large clean cubanelle peppers
2 lbs of ground chicken
1 cup of fresh cleaned spinach
1 300g can of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato paste
1/2 cup of chicken broth
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1/4 of a Spanish onion chopped into small pieces
4 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt & pepper
4 pieces of fresh 🌿 basil
350g of shell pasta
1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional)
1. In a large flat pan, combine, 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, onions and ground chicken. Add 1 tsp of salt & pepper. Mix and cook on medium heat until all meat is browned. Add chicken broth, fresh spinach and tomato paste. Mix well and cook for an additional 5 mins ensuring the spinach is fully cooked. Remove from heat and place aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, add 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil (hot sauce), cherry tomatoes salt and pepper. Cook on low heat with the lid partially on.
3. Cut the tops off of the peppers and ensure all the seeds are removed as well. Then, using a medium spoon, scoop the meat mixture and fill each pepper. You may need to use the opposite end of the spoon to help pack the meat inside.
4. Once the peppers are stuffed, place them into the tomato sauce and cook on low heat for 30 mins with the lid partially on.
5. In a seperate large pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook on medium heat for 10-12 mins.
5. Drain pasta and add sauce and stuffed peppers.