Baked Breaded Eggplant & Marsala Sauce
1 large purple eggplant cut into thin strips
3 beaten eggs
2 cups of Italian breadcrumbs
3 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsps of sea salt
2 cups of marsala sauce
1. Peel skin of eggplant and cut eggplants into 1 inch slices and place into a bowl.
2. Add salt to eggplants and place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. ( salt will remove excess water & bitterness). Remove the water from the bowl after they are taken out of the fridge.
3. Add eggplants to egg mixture in one bowl and then into the breadcrumbs. Preheat oven to 400F.
4. Once all eggplants are breaded, place them on a baking sheet lined with non-stick cooking spray or foil. Drizzle olive oil over top.
5. Place tray in oven uncovered for 20-25 mins turning once at halfway point.
Serve with marsala dipping sauce.