Jamaican Style Curry Chicken
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 red pepper
2 large white potatoes
3/4 of a yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
6 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
1 green onion
1/2 a cup of water
fresh parsley (to garnish)
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of habanero sauce
4-6 tsps of Jamaican curry powder
Directions for Marinade:
1. Add chopped chicken breast chunks, chopped red pepper, 2 chopped garlic cloves 1/2 of a chopped onion, habanero sauce, curry spice and salt and pepper to a container. Mix well and refrigerate for 12-18hrs.
2. Chop potatoes into square chinks and set aside.
2. Chop carrots and set aside.
2. In a large deep pan add oil and the remaining garlic and onion and curry powder on medium heat until it forms a paste like consistency.
3. Add chicken marinade and cook for 5-10 mins stirring often.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, chopped green onion and 1/2 a cup of water and cook for an additional 30-40 mins with the lid on.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
6. Can be served with or without steamed rice.